250g unsalted butter
200g dark chocolate
optional: 50g chopped nuts
80g cocoa powder, sifted
65g plain flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
360g caster sugar
4 large free-range eggs
- preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Line a 25cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a bain marie. Add the nuts.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Add this to the chocolate.
- Beat the eggs and fold in until you have a silky consistency.
- Add your brownie mix into the baking tray, and place in the oven for around 20 minutes, or until squeegee in the middle.
- Eat warm straight out the tin.
- Or leave to cool and cut into 12.